Telegram X batte un colpo nel ramo stabile: tantissime novità per le notifiche (download apk)
Telegram X è il client ufficiale del celebre servizio di messaggistica, in cui il team di sviluppo sperimenta e osa di più, specialmente nel ramo beta. Esiste però anche un canale stabile, aggiornato meno frequentemente, ma quando accade è perché le novità introdotte sono considerate mature e pronte per essere utilizzate da un pubblico più vasto. E l'ultimo aggiornamento di Telegram X si concentra prevalentemente sulle notifiche.
Gli sviluppatori hanno posto particolare enfasi sulle novità apportate, tanto da parlare di Notifiche 2.0, riscrivendole da zero e aumentandone affidabilità e funzioni. Il changelog è piuttosto corposo – ve lo riportiamo in forma completa a fine articolo – ma le principali novità interessano le notifiche scartate, che non riappariranno quando ne arriveranno di nuove, l'avviso che apparirà nel menu dell'app nel caso ci fossero problemi con le notifiche e la capacità di Telegram X di far funzionare le notifiche anche quando non riesce a comunicare con i server di Telegram, in paesi in cui vigono ban.
Fra le altre novità, segnaliamo la possibilità di creare e partecipare a sondaggi all'interno di chat di gruppo, il rinnovamento della funzione multi-account per una maggiore efficienza nell'utilizzo delle risorse, il miglioramento delle prestazioni dell'app in fase di apertura e molto altro ancora. Potete scaricare o aggiornare Telegram X direttamente dal Play Store, oppure manualmente scaricando l'apk dell'ultima versione.
Notifications have been rebuilt from scratch, bringing improved behavior & reliability, new features & customizations, and reduced background battery usage. There're some highlights:
- Notifications now work when there's no connection with Telegram servers: it does not matter whether you are trying to access Telegram from censored regions or selected proxy is down;
- Whenever there is a clear problem with notifications, you will see a warning in the app menu near "Settings". Follow it to see the full guide on how to resolve it;
- Clean notification tray. Dismissed notifications will not appear again when receiving notification from another chat, or due to unknown events;
- Improved support for Edge Screen on Samsung devices. To turn on: System Settings > Display > Edge Screen > Edge lighting > Manage notifications > Turn toggle on for Telegram X;
- Smart notification delays when you chat from another device;
- Notifications are now grouped by chat type. Toggle this behavior in Settings > Notifications > Advanced > Merge notification categories;
- Option to hide secret chat notifications at all, when device screen is locked (you will still hear sound & vibration);
- Silent broadcast notifications from channels now silently displayed in the notification tray;
- Separate settings for channels;
- Disable message preview from specific chats;
- System notification sound picker, when available (allows setting any custom notification sound);
- Option to display read-only notifications while app is locked with Passcode;
- Full control over mentions, replies & pinned messages notifications (with "Notify all members" toggle on).
By default, when someone mentions you in a chat, notification settings from that person are applied (like if they would send a message to you directly). That could become a problem, when you got popular in some chat, since the only option was either to mute each member one by one, or to disable notifications for all private chats.
In order to stop receiving unwanted notifications without muting all chats, now you can mute this group & simply turn off notification override for Mentions, Replies & Pinned Message notifications, both per-chat and globally in Settings > Notifications > Groups > Mentions and Replies / Pinned Messages;
- While Telegram X notifications reliability improved dramatically, system settings on some device manufacturers still might prevent notifications from working reliably (i.e. big delays or not arriving at all while app is closed);
If you still experience issues with notifications, check if there are any warnings in Telegram X > Settings > Notifications. If no warnings are shown, check out troubleshooting notification issues. If it didn't help too, contact Telegram Support.
I can also personally recommend checking out if there are any notifications issues specific to your device in other apps. I'm personally impressed with comprehensive Slack guide, which can be applied to almost any other Android app.
Features and Changes
- Telegram X is now based on TDLib 1.4.0;
- Delete chats & messages on both ends in private chats;
- Polls: create and participate in community polls;
- Custom languages: install & share language pack links. Help translating Telegram X to your language on Translations Platform;
- Multi-account 2.0: completely reworked internal core architecture in order to dramatically reduce device memory & battery usage while using many accounts. Now it does not matter whether you have 3 or 3000 accounts in Telegram X, they will take similar amount of resources, and notifications will work for all of them;
- Increased app launch speed. Keep in mind that first launch after updating Telegram X may take a while, since it has to optimize database for each account;
- App Recovery: whenever Telegram X fails to launch due to an unresolvable error, next time you launch the app, you will see recovery screen that should help resolving the issue;
- Pin messages in saved messages and any groups;
- Quickly change audio playback position without waiting for the file to download;
- Online member count in all groups. Improved total member count calculation;
- New 2FA email recovery setup by code;
- Improved censorship circumvention;
- Chat filter by type;
- Copy link for messages in private groups and channels;
- Erase all downloaded media remotely.
When you sign out or kill Telegram X session from another device, all downloaded media will be erased as well. When Google Play Services are installed, Telegram X and TDLib will do its best to remove all data without need in opening the app once the device goes online.
This might be helpful in case your device is lost or stolen. You never know when this might happen, so be sure to keep Telegram X up-to-date.
Note this does not yet apply to media files which have been copied through "Save to Gallery/Downloads/Music" button;
- Exact sign-in & last access time in Settings > Privacy & Security > Sessions;
- Erase All Data: reduce Telegram X disk space usage. Always use this option instead of logging out & signing back in, reinstalling the app or clearing its data. Can be found in Settings > Data & Storage > Storage Usage > Three-dot menu;
- Added new fields in Storage Usage;
- Advanced Peer-to-Peer in Calls setting synced with other devices;
- Contact joined Telegram notification setting is now synced with other devices;
- Telegram X is now optimized for x86_64 CPUs;
- Incomplete login attempts in the sessions list;
- Share contacts externally to other apps;
- Open cloud chat from the secret chat screen;
- Open chat with bot in websites sessions list;
- Updated libtgvoip to 2.4.4;
- Better handling of hardware keyboards on login & password screens;
- Better sorting in supergroups members list;
- Apply to All when choosing emoji tone;
- When previewing stickers, after sticker menu appears you will still be able to move finger to view other stickers;
- Instant Auto-Lock for Passcode;
- Hold Passcode button to change Passcode settings;
- Alternative options when logging out;
- Slightly improved look of Data and Storage, Network Usage & Storage Usage screens;
- Option to use System Fonts instead of built-in ones: Settings > Interface > Use System Fonts.