Remix IO: box TV 4K HDR, console e mini PC tutto in uno, a soli 99$ (foto e video)
Vi avevamo annunciato che oggi Jide avrebbe avuto novità per noi, ed a quanto pare si tratta di novità piuttosto interessanti. Ecco infatti a voi Remix IO, un dispositivo che raccoglie l'eredità di Remix Mini cercando di essere qualcosa di ancora più completo, ovvero non solo un mini PC ma anche un box TV / console, ovviamente con Android, in salsa Remix OS.
- CPU: Rockchip RK3368 octa-core Cortex-A53 con GPU PowerVR SGX6110
- RAM: 2 GB DDR3L
- Memoria interna: 16 GB espandibile (con microSD fino a 128 GB)
- Connettività: Wi-Fi dual band (2,4 e 5 GHz), Bluetooth
- Porte: 4x USB 2.0, HDMI 2.0 (output 4K@60fps), VGA, Ethernet, jack audio, microSD
- OS: Remix OS (basato su Nougat)
Jide cerca quindi la proverbiale quadratura del cerchio, in un mercato che punta spesso o sul lato multimediale o su quello ludico. Per farlo l'azienda ha dotato di Remix IO di una modalità TV, che modifica l'interfaccia per essere facilmente controllabile da telecomando, ma ci dovrebbe essere anche una gaming edition con controller incluso (prevista anche la possibilità di mappare i controlli touch), anche se su Kickstarter non ce n'è traccia (in ogni caso andrà bene qualsiasi gamepad Bluetooth).
Non manca ovviamente il pieno supporto a tastiera e mouse, scorciatoie incluse, ed un'app per smartphone iOS e Android attualmente in via di sviluppo.
Abbiamo infine accesso completo al Play Store ed alle app anche per Android TV, e c'è anche il supporto hardware al decoding 4K@60fps e HDR.
Uscita e prezzo
Remix IO è al momento a caccia di fondi su Kickstarter: si parte da 99$ (telecomando incluso) per i primi finanziatori, 169$ per due dispositivi e due telecomandi, arrivando fino a 349$ per 5 Remix IO con telecomando e passando per una versione apposita per sviluppatori a 299$. Spedizioni previste a marzo 2017. A seguire il video di presentazione ufficiale, tante immagini ed il comunicato stampa originale.
Remix IO, the all-in-one Nougat-powered device launches on Kickstarter
Engineered to be a 4K TV set-top box, gaming console, and Android PC in one
October 20, 2016 (Beijing, China) - Jide Technology , the team behind Remix OS, today announces Remix IO, now available for worldwide pre-order on Kickstarter from US$99. Remix IO reimagines the all-in-one category, designed to be a TV set-top box, gaming console, and traditional PC in a single powerful device. Powered by the latest version of Remix OS, now based on Android Nougat (7.0), and best-in-class hardware specs, it is a device created for the founding Remix community and early adopters.
There are an increasing number of internet connected devices per household and whether they are desktop PCs, gaming consoles, or media streamers, they are differentiated by three broad questions. “Where do you use it?”, “How do you interact with it?”, and “What apps can you use on it?”. Remix IO offers the user an all-in-one experience; providing desktop-level productivity to create rather than just consume, the freedom to use the apps you want whether they were built for mobile, tablet or TV, and robust gaming capabilities for the mobile generation.
Each element of the Remix IO is designed to work in tandem and allows users to quickly switch from editing a Word document one minute to playing Clash Royale the next. Thanks to community feedback, Jide has introduced a unique TV Mode interface that makes full use of the big screen and the new input methods for daily use. Those methods of control include support for TV remotes and game controllers, as well as full keyboard and mouse support with shortcuts, and finally a smartphone remote control app for iOS and Android that is currently in development.
“ Remix OS was born from the belief that Android is the future of computing, yet with an awareness that it has the potential to do more. Android smartphones have dominated the market since its inception - with Android hitting 82.6% global market share this year - and now is the time to firmly put Android PCs on the map. The Remix IO is another step forward to further that goal,” explained David Ko, co-founder of Jide Technology.
Jide has worked with their community to develop the definitive desktop version of Android and Remix OS’ latest advancements, including the migration to Android Nougat, can be found in Remix IO.
Remix IO software features include:
- The largest collection of apps - compared to competitors in the PC market, Jide offers an open and flexible choice of apps to download including any available within the Google Play Store and those usually exclusive to Android TV devices
- TV and PC Mode - presenting the most dynamic Android experience yet, Remix IO recognizes and ensures that the app UI corresponds to the selected mode. For example, when launching YouTube in TV Mode, Remix OS will open the Android TV version of the app and when in PC Mode it will open the standard mobile version
- Multiple user support - everyone can now enjoy their own personalised Remix IO experience, storing their own apps and saved data. Functionality also extends to guest accounts and can be used as an “Android for Work” or “Android for Education” device
- Gaming Toolkit - gaming on Android is primarily built for touchscreens, but Jide’s new addition allows users to map touch controls to keyboard, mouse, and game controller inputs
Remix IO offers best-in-class hardware specifications, all at a competitive price point - with early bird pledges starting as low as US$99. Boasting true 4K output at 60fps, HDR support, and a powerful octa-core processor, Remix IO can handle whatever the user throws at it.
Remix IO tech specs:
- CPU: RK3368 CPU Octa-Core 64bit ARM® CortexTM-A53 1.5GHz
- GPU: PowerVR SGX6110
- RAM: 2GB DDR3L
- Storage: 16GB (microSD card slot expands internal memory up to 128GB more)
- Ports and connections: 4x USB Type-A 2.0, HDMI 2.0 (Outputs up to 4K@60fps), VGA, Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz/5Ghz 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Ethernet port, 3.5mm audio jack, 9V/2A power supply
“ Jide’s community has been an important part of the company growth and Remix OS’ development since we launched it to the world in March 2015. Their support meant that our previous Remix Mini campaign was a resounding success, and raised over US$1.6m on Kickstarter. Our new campaign is a way for us to go back to where it all started and offer our three million Remix OS users a Kickstarter exclusive on the new Remix IO,” explained David Ko, co-founder of Jide Technology.
Remix IO is available to back on Kickstarter now from US$99 and will ship to backers worldwide in March 2017