Blackphone, lo smartphone che ha particolarmente a cuore la privacy dei suoi proprietari, è finalmente sulla rotta di casa dei primi acquirenti, dopo la presentazione dello scorso gennaio.
LEGGI ANCHE: Blackphone, la nostra anteprima MWC 2014
Le caratteristiche tecniche non dicono tutto, ma sono un inizio: schermo da 4,7 pollici IPS HD, CPU Tegra 4i, 16 GB di memoria interna espandibile, fotocamera da 8 megapixel posteriore e 5 anteriore, batteria da 2.000 mAh e Android 4.4 KitKat.
La sua caratteristica principale è però il fatto che tutto nel telefono è criptato, dai dati personali, ai messaggi, alle chiamate, ed è anche presente un’app affine al Privacy Guard di CyanogenMod, che ci consentirà di disabilitare singoli permessi, oppure impedire a gruppi di app di accedere ad informazioni personali, come ad esempio la nostra posizione.
Blackphone Shipping World’s First Privacy-OptimizedSmartphone
Handsets now shipping to customers; Web store re-opens July 14 for new orders
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND: June 30, 2014 – SGP Technologies SA, the Switzerland-based joint venture of Silent Circle and Geeksphone behind Blackphone, today announced that Blackphone handsets have started shipping to the device’s first pre-order customers. SGP Technologies formally launched Blackphone earlier this year at Mobile World Congress (MWC). There isoverwhelming demand for the phone’s focus on user privacy and the unmatched array of integrated features for private communications, browsing, and cloud storage that makeBlackphone a category-defining leader in privacy phones. Most recently, MIT Technology Reviewrecognized Blackphone on its prestigious list of the “10 Breakthrough Technologies” of 2014. In addition, Blackphone has won two other awards since its media launch: “The 10 Best Products at MWC 2014” and 2014 Red Herring Europe Top 100 Winner.
“We are excited to achieve this key milestone on schedule and ship a remarkable device to customers that is the result of an unprecedented combination of privacy and mobile innovationsand visionaries,” said Toby Weir-Jones, CEO of SGP Technologies. “Blackphone’s arrival puts mobile privacy directly in the hands of professionals and consumers everywhere. In a world where devices and apps increasingly offer features only in return for users’ personal or sensitive information, the pent-up demand for Blackphone shows there is strong, international demandfor our brand’s devices and services that stand apart by placing privacy before all else.”
Blackphone is the world’s first smartphone built from the ground up to maximize user privacy.Blackphone’s security-enhanced operating system, PrivatOS, built on Android™ KitKat, provides users protection and control over security issues without the usual compromises. The uniqueadvantages include:
• Private communications: Blackphone features private encrypted voice and video calls and text messaging with attachments via Silent Circle’s, Silent Phone and Silent Text appscreated by Phil Zimmermann and Jon Callas, giving users the freedom to communicate securely anywhere they find cellular or Wi-Fi connections.
• Wi-Fi security: The included Kismet Smarter Wi-Fi Manager prevents Wi-Fi hotspots from capturing Blackphone users’ wireless connection history and other information that could be used to track users’ locations or patterns of activity and information about sensitive office or home networks.
• Security Center: Gives owners complete control over application permissions, allowing immediate changes without rebooting or reinstalling.
• Remote wipe and protect: A powerful remote wipe tool gives Blackphone ownersfurther peace of mind in having the ability to control their phone’s data from anywhere in the world.
• Anonymous Web browsing and VPN: Disconnect Search is the default search provider for Blackphone, offering private browsing protection from invasive Web monitoring by hiding users’ IP address, browser cookies and personal information. Blackphone alsofeatures Disconnect’s Secure Wireless app, which is a smart VPN designed to preventeavesdropping over Wi-Fi and cellular networks.
• Private cloud storage: Blackphone owners can access files in SpiderOak’s private encrypted cloud service right from their mobile device, knowing only they have the means to decrypt and access their private files.
Blackphone’s initial inventory sold out quickly in the months following Mobile World Congress and SGP Technologies will re-open the Blackphone Web store at https://store.blackphone.ch onJuly 14 to begin accepting new orders. Customers in certain countries will be able to order Blackphone handsets through the device’s carrier partners, such as KPN N.V..