Certamente chiunque si sia ritrovato a fare assistenza tecnica (e, chissà perché, ho l’impressione che ce ne sia più di uno tra i nostri lettori!), conoscerà TeamViewer, celebre software di controllo remoto utilizzato sia in ambito domestico che professionale.
Su Android, oltre il client per comunicare con un secondo dispositivo, è anche disponibile un software chiamato QuickSupport, ossia la parte che funge da server e ci permette di ricevere assistenza. Le funzionalità di quest’ultima, per ovvi motivi, sono limitate nel caso non si disponga dei permessi di root. Senza avere i diritti del Super User è quindi impossibile, ad esempio, disinstallare applicazioni, a meno di avere un’ulteriore conferma dell’utente che ha installato QuickSupport.
Fino ad oggi, dal limite del root erano esclusi solo i dispositivi Samsung, sui quali è possibile fornire un’assistenza tecnica completa: adesso il “supporto” si è allargato e alla famiglia dei device che non hanno bisogno di permessi di root si aggiungono smartphone e tablet prodotti da ASUS, Lenovo e Caterpillar (sì, fanno telefoni): vi lasciamo con il badge per il download, il comunicato stampa e qualche screenshot per chi non conosce ancora il famoso software.
Tampa, Florida, January 21, 2014 – TeamViewer, one of the world’s most popular providers of remote control and online meeting software, extends its mobile device support offering and announced today the availability of its updated app TeamViewer QuickSupport. The update provides the ability to remotely control additional devices including Lenovo, Asus (for business customers only), Caterpillar / CAT®, Prestigio, Unitech and ODYS.
The popular app TeamViewer QuickSupport allows the remote support of smartphones and tablets via TeamViewer software from any Windows or Mac computer. It is designed for IT support teams to quickly and easily diagnose and fix problems with these mobile devices while employees are offsite. Full remote control has been already available for mobile devices from Samsung, Sony and others.
TeamViewer QuickSupport gives mobile users the following features:
- Remote Control: Technicians can remotely control the mobile device from their workstation just as if it was in their hands. This feature is available for the following devices: Samsung, Sony, Alcatel One Touch / TCL, Lenovo, Asus (for business customers only), Caterpillar / CAT® B15, Prestigio, Archos, Unitech, ODYS and others.
- File transfer: Easy file transfer from or to the mobile device.
- Chat: Technicians can chat with mobile users to quickly diagnose issues without the need for a phone call or text message.
- Real-time screenshots: Mobile users can take real-time screenshots of the problem on their device which will automatically be sent to the technician resulting in easy to share information.
- Full access to device settings: Technicians can access and configure remote devices. This includes connectivity settings such as setting up Wi-Fi. Technicians can also see all running processes in a clear and easy-to-use dashboard and stop them if needed.
- System logs: Ability to view system information and logs to diagnose issues.
- Secure connection: Every remote session is encrypted with the highest level of security, based on RSA private-/public key exchange and AES (256 Bit) session encoding.
“As businesses evolve working remotely has become increasingly common. Whether they are working from home, at an offsite or traveling, TeamViewer continues to provide IT administrators with the tools that meet their needs,” saidKornelius Brunner, Head of Product Management at TeamViewer. “The latest TeamViewer QuickSupport app provides mobile support to these additional Android devices giving businesses and employees even more flexibility with the devices they choose to work with.”
The remote support of mobile devices via the new QuickSupport app is available for users of TeamViewer 9. Support can be provided from any Windows or Mac computer to Android-based mobile devices running Android 2.3.3 or higher. An additional add-on may be required depending on the device manufacturer.
Pricing and availability
TeamViewer QuickSupport is now available for download at Google Play. In order to be able to use the remote support of mobile devices via the TeamViewer QuickSupport app, customers with a TeamViewer 9 license require an additional license. The costs depend on the existing TeamViewer license. The license AddOn can be found in the TeamViewer online shop:https://www.teamviewer.com/licensing/update.aspx?category=mds
For personal users, TeamViewer software is always free of charge. The remote support of Asus mobile devices is available for professional users with a TeamViewer 9 license only.