Con una mossa un po’ a sorpresa, che non sappiamo quanto piacere farà a Google, HTC si accorda con SRCH2 per portare la “ricerca istantanea” sui suoi dispositivi. L’azienda promette infatti “ricerca rapidissima già durante la digitazione, su qualsiasi dispositivo”, per di più geolocalizzata, e tollerante agli errori, che sulle piccole tastiere dei dispositivi mobili sono senz’altro molto comuni.
Non si parla di specifici dispositivi né di sistemi operativi, se non per dire che la ricerca sarà parte dell’OS e profondamente integrata, come del resto è adesso quella di Google; e dato che la maggior parte dei modelli HTC battono cuore Android, siamo appunto piuttosto curiosi di vedere quale sarà la reazione di BigG a questa inedita alleanza.
Certo è che tra OS per la Cina, ipotetici dual-boot con Windows, smartphone per Amazon, acquisizioni ventilate, e futuri dispositivi indossabili o meno, HTC sta proprio giocando tutte le sue carte. Speriamo solo che poi non le resti nulla in mano.
Leggi anche: il primo trimestre in rosso di HTC.
HTC Signs Agreement with SRCH2 to Bring Instant Search to Smartphones
Collaboration Enables Lightning Fast “Search-As-You-Type” on HTC Devices
Irvine, Calif. and Taipei, Taiwan, October 22, 2013 — SRCH2 and HTC have teamed up to bring lightning-fast “search-as-you-type” to HTC devices.
SRCH2 is collaborating with HTC to provide industry-leading advanced search capability. This faster, better solution is planned to be incorporated in HTC’s next generation of market-leading devices.
The addition of SRCH2 will give users a new way to search for content, locations and people on their handsets, enabling industry-leading advanced search quality at lightning speeds.
“SRCH2’s search-as-you-type is like nothing consumers have ever seen in the handset market, and I’m sure it will be a welcome and differentiating feature for HTC’s next generation of handsets,” said Gerry Purdy, Ph.D., chief mobile strategist with Compass Intelligence. “Running SRCH2 as a universal search engine as part of the OS is a strong move for HTC, and it speaks to the vast market potential for advanced search features on mobile.”
“Search-as-you-type on a handset is an industry-first, and will be an eye-popper for HTC’s millions of users,” said SRCH2’s CEO, Dev Bhatia. “They will be delighted by a super-fast, ultra-friendly, universal search experience, fully integrated into their devices. Our tools, running right on the device, will enable a plethora of new interactions with all kinds of on-device and off-device content.”
“HTC is always pushing the boundaries of design and technology to create innovative and personal experiences for consumers around the globe. We are pleased that SRCH2 could be a part of HTC’s next generation of market-leading handsets,” said Chen Li, SRCH2 founder and CTO.
SRCH2 offers search software rebuilt from the ground up to address the needs of a data-driven world. In particular, the SRCH2 feature-set serves new needs in mobile search. Some of SRCH2’s powerful features include:
- Instant Forward Search: “Search-as-you-type” functionality presents new choices with every keystroke and helps users find what they want, faster. Until now, very few search boxes offer robust, relevant instant forward search and even fewer mobile devices offer relevant instant forward search.
- Rapid GeoSearch: Localized search for places or merchandise nearby is increasingly important for mobile device users. SRCH2 treats location-search as a single-process search element, enabling super-fast, relevant, geo-aware search.
- Error Tolerance: Guess wht? Peopl make tyops. It happens. And on mobile and non-traditional devices, it happens a lot. With SRCH2, typos are not as costly because users can still find what they’re looking for. Error tolerance can be fully configured by developers.
- Ranking customization: SRCH2 enables developers to easily assign weightings to rank results, without custom coding.
- Real-time updates: Most search software has to lock or slow down inbound queries while data is being updated and re-indexed. SRCH2 software can be configured to index information as it comes in, with no lock or performance denigration.
- All-in-one: SRCH2 delivers all features in one highly configurable solution, with no custom development required.
SRCH2’s industry-leading instant forward search software is available now. For more information about SRCH2, please visit www.srch2.com.
Founded in 1997, HTC Corp. (HTC) is the creator of many award-winning mobile devices and industry firsts. By putting people at the center of everything it does, HTC pushes the boundaries of design and technology to create innovative and personal experiences for consumers around the globe. HTC’s portfolio includes smartphones and tablets powered by the HTC Sense® user experience. HTC is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE: 2498). For more information, please visit www.htc.com.
SRCH2 is a search engine rebuilt from the ground up for data-driven sites, apps and enterprises who view search as a mission-critical differentiator. What can we do, that others can’t? Blazing fast search-as-you-type, on any device. No gimmicks, no compromises. SRCH2 is fast, friendly, error-tolerant, geo-aware, more configurable, and much, much easier to implement than the industry standard. Launch in hours, with ZERO custom coding. If you’re looking for an edge in search, check out SRCH2, and Search Forward. To learn more, please visit www.SRCH2.com.
# # #